Thursday, December 4, 2008

Major decisions

As you all may know, I've been dealing with a certain amount of issues with school and my life.  Things, to say the least, have been tough.  However, I have a decision I need to make in the next seven days that makes my life troubles pale in comparison:

I have to pick a new phone

My T-Mobile contract is almost up, and the wife is making me switch to AT&T so we can go on a family plan and save some money (I agreed to it months ago, but I bitch nonetheless). I'm down to two phones, and I'm truly torn.  Now, I know when most of you hear AT&T, you think one thing:

Yup, the iPhone.  It's a great phone, and has surpassed the Razr as the best selling mobile phone.  It's got all the cool Apple based features, apps, and the music player built in.  But I just don't know.  Something about it just doesn't sit well with me.  I really can't explain it.  

So here's the other phone I'm thinking about:
The Blackberry Bold.  I've owned a Blackberry Pearl for the last year and a half, and I've loved it as a phone.  I could get another one since it's so popular and still sold, but I don't want another Pearl for the next two years.  I've moved on.  However, this new Blackberry is definitely sexy and it has all the good Blackberry stuff that goes with it.  And a full keyboard.

Part of the lure of the Blackberry might have to do with the fact that it's a little more grownup than the iPhone.  I'm sure lots of important businessmen have iPhones, but when I imagine myself hustling to my job on LaSalle street in my nicest suit, good shoes, and skinny black tie, I imagine having a Blackberry on my ear (sell my JP Morgan stock now!), not white Apple headphones in my ears (unaware of the pummeling my best mutual fund is taking).  

Now, if AT&T had the Storm, it wouldn't even be a question.  This is why I get to bitch about the Family Plan.  Ugh, this decision is going to SUCK.

5 comments:

ANG* said...

no decision silly boy. i think you know where i stand on this one...

Anonymous said...

no decision silly boy. i think you know where I stand on this one (we need to have the same phone so when I drop mine and can no longer charge it I can take your battery).

Anonymous said...

Ok, ok, ok, let's calm down here. I went through this exact thing about two weeks ago when I switched from Tmobile (which is a total turd, by the way) and joined AT&T on a family plan with the Boyfriend. Our intention was also to save money. However, after adding two data plans to two iPhones it didn't really work out that way. With that said, there is no question that the iPhone is the way to go. It's easily the greatest electronic item I have ever purchased. (And? I used to be a Blackberry person. Just saying.)

The Alleged Ringleader said...

The BB Bold ALL THE WAY!

I actually love T Mobile and LOVE my blackberry but am waiting patiently for a new one to come out for TMo! I don't know how much longer I can wait! I played with the bold and am SO JEALOUS of anyone who has it!

I don't do well with the touch screen keyboard deal of the iphone but aside from that I can't use it for work because you can't forward messages and nor can you cut & paste to send something to someone.
Minor annoyance I guess.

Marie said...

I've actually been on the fence trying to choose between the BB (curve, not bold) and iPhone (AT&T is actually already my provider but I need to renew my contract).

I'm leaning more towards the iPhone. But I have to say I do see your point. But then again all the reviews I keep reading? They keep pointing towards iPhone, not BB.